- Author Of The Day
10 Author Of The Week - Weekly Famous People Quotes
Week number #4 January 20, 2020 - January 26, 2020 Marianne Wiggins
- "What thrills me about trains is not their size or their equipment but the fact that they are moving, that they embody a connection between unseen places."
- "I don't remember being a child, and that's why I think I'm so child-like now in my unending curiosity and approach to life."
- "...to make art is to realize another's sadness within, realize the hidden sadness in other people's lives, to feel sad with and for a stranger."
Week number #3 January 13, 2020 - January 19, 2020 Brady Anderson
- "I want to stay with the Orioles. I'd like to play here for the rest of my career. I don't want to go through this again in four years."
- "It's so funny that people specify that year because in a way it was the biggest battle for me health wise."
- "I know what I did and how I accomplished it. I am proud of it and know that it was done with integrity."
Week number #2 January 06, 2020 - January 12, 2020 Greg Evigan
- "I am back in Los Angeles after a very successful run in Chicago as Billy Flynn."
- "Like all mothers, mother nature is delighted to keep in touch with you when you're appearing in hit tv shows like BJ and the bear and My Two Dads but when you suddenly find yourself hosting When Insects Attack, oh she becomes strangely distant."
- "Like all mothers, mother nature will tuck you safely into bed at night only to come into your room two hours later in a scary mask and threaten you with a nail"
Week number #1 December 30, 2019 - January 05, 2020 Christi Paul
- "If you tell somebody enough, "You're stupid, you're not worth it, you can't do this, you can't do that," then how many times do you have to hear that before you believe it? The power of words is immeasurable."
- "Even if you are angry and you have reason to be angry, that doesn't give you license to be cruel. We have to take responsibility for ourselves and the way we act."
- "I promise you, if you reach that point where you are not afraid to figure out who you are, what you want and what your values are, you will not fear that anymore. You will not do it, you will be smarter."
Week number #48 December 23, 2019 - December 29, 2019 Camilla Belle
- "My mom told me, 'don't grow up too quickly; once you're an adult, you're an adult.'"
- "Hong Kong girls have a genius sense of style. I came back to the States thinking no one here has any individuality. Or cute enough socks."
- "I'm 18, I'm going to graduate high school in a few months."
Week number #47 December 16, 2019 - December 22, 2019 J. B. Smoove
- "Sad when you spend more time trying to stay alive than living."
- "You ever taste some damn chicken so horrible, that you wished the chicken would show up at your house and show your lady how to cook him?"
- "To be a true comic, you have to have a signature move. You ever watch wrestling? And your favorite wrestler has the one move that he always does to finish his opponent off, right? Like when he climbs on the rope, and he always jumps off the top rope and finishes off his opponent - that's what a comic has."
Week number #46 December 09, 2019 - December 15, 2019 Bobby Vee
- "I remember when I was first starting out in the late 50's, and everybody at that time said rock 'n roll was gonna die. I was 15 years old when I started, and I certainly didn't believe that was true. I thought anything that feels this good and makes me want to tap my foot like this can't be a passing fad like everybody says. Of course, they were wrong, and here we are in the 90's and it's alive and well, and getting programmed all over the country, and really all over the world. So it's been a great journey."
- "Living ain't easy, loving's twice as tough."
- "So remember when you tell those little white lies that the night has a thousand eyes."
Week number #44 November 25, 2019 - December 01, 2019 Leslie Jordan
- "I had that perfect deadpan ... for these commercials. Within the first eight months I had eight national TV commercials. I'm a true Hollywood success story - knew no one, had no connections."
- "I honor the sanctity of all religions - I'm not here to put them down. But the only religion that I personally embrace is the religion of kindness. There are many paths to God. What really bothers me - and what I think is the height of arrogance and stupidity - is when one group believes their way is the only way. That really gets my dander up."
- "I remember stepping off and thinking that it might not be a good idea to let anyone know that I'm a homosexual, which is hilarious because I'm probably the gayest man I know. I had these huge dreams and they came to fruition so quickly."
Week number #43 November 11, 2019 - November 17, 2019 M. C. Gainey
- "With a face like this, there aren't a lot of lawyers or priest roles coming my way. I've gotta face that was meant for a mug shot and that's what I've been doing for the past thirty years. If I play a cop, it's always a racist cop, or a trigger-happy cop or a crooked cop - but by and large I play cowboys, bikers, and convicts."
Week number #42 November 04, 2019 - November 10, 2019 Gavin Schmidt
- "If the models are as flawed as critics say you have to ask yourself, 'How come they work?'"
- "While the ranking of individual years can be affected by chaotic weather patterns, the long-term trends are attributable to drivers of climate change that right now are dominated by human emissions of greenhouse gases..."
- "You can get good science out of stupid questions. If someone says the world is flat, maybe in proving them wrong you can calculate the curvature of the Earth more precisely."