- Author Of The Day
10 Author Of The Week - Weekly Famous People Quotes
Week number #12 March 23, 2020 - March 29, 2020 Parmenides
- "Gaze steadfastly at things which, though far away, are yet present to the mind."
- "Let reason alone decide."
- "Give me a chance to create a fever and I will cure any disease."
Week number #11 March 16, 2020 - March 22, 2020 George David Birkhoff
- "The transcendent importance of love and good-will in all human relationships is shown by their mighty beneficent effect upon the individual and upon society."
Week number #10 March 09, 2020 - March 15, 2020 Dominic Sherwood
- "I'm always worried about how fans of the books will react, but we have kept true to a lot of the books. Obviously there are changes, but with the books as a basis, hopefully the fans will like what we have done."
Week number #8 February 24, 2020 - March 01, 2020 Jacques Diouf
- "Hunger is not an issue of charity. It is an issue of justice."
- "Low-income people everywhere will be at risk of food insecurity due to loss of assets, absence of alternative livelihood options and lack of adequate insurance coverage from extreme weather events."
- "In terms of the short-term objective [halving world hunger by 2015], the position I have always taken is that we don't need genetically modified organisms."
Week number #7 February 17, 2020 - February 23, 2020 Julie Klassen
- "Having been an editor for more than a decade, I thought I had a good idea of how much work was involved in writing a novel. I was wrong! Writing is a lot harder than I ever imagined - but worth it."
- "I received so many positive comments about the quotes that I decided to continue to use them in my novels."
- "In fact, with each of my novels I have been surprised by something that happens that I had not thought of beforehand."
Week number #6 February 03, 2020 - February 09, 2020 Andres Iniesta
- "If you win without sacrifice you enjoy it but it's more satisfying when you have struggled."
- "Some people like you, some people don't. In the end you just have to be yourself."
- "Perfection doesn't exist."
Week number #5 January 27, 2020 - February 02, 2020 Jon Brion
- "Things begin, things decay, and you've got to find a way to be okay."
- "It was so much fun conducting an orchestra and watching the musicians' faces as some of Kanye's lyrics went by. They couldn't believe what was going on."
- "Brian Eno developed systems to keep himself on edge and to keep himself in a position where he's generating ideas."
Week number #4 January 20, 2020 - January 26, 2020 Marianne Wiggins
- "What thrills me about trains is not their size or their equipment but the fact that they are moving, that they embody a connection between unseen places."
- "I don't remember being a child, and that's why I think I'm so child-like now in my unending curiosity and approach to life."
- "...to make art is to realize another's sadness within, realize the hidden sadness in other people's lives, to feel sad with and for a stranger."
Week number #3 January 13, 2020 - January 19, 2020 Brady Anderson
- "I want to stay with the Orioles. I'd like to play here for the rest of my career. I don't want to go through this again in four years."
- "It's so funny that people specify that year because in a way it was the biggest battle for me health wise."
- "I know what I did and how I accomplished it. I am proud of it and know that it was done with integrity."
Week number #2 January 06, 2020 - January 12, 2020 Greg Evigan
- "I am back in Los Angeles after a very successful run in Chicago as Billy Flynn."
- "Like all mothers, mother nature is delighted to keep in touch with you when you're appearing in hit tv shows like BJ and the bear and My Two Dads but when you suddenly find yourself hosting When Insects Attack, oh she becomes strangely distant."
- "Like all mothers, mother nature will tuck you safely into bed at night only to come into your room two hours later in a scary mask and threaten you with a nail"