- Author Of The Day
10 Author Of The Week - Weekly Famous People Quotes
Week number #43 November 11, 2019 - November 17, 2019 M. C. Gainey
- "With a face like this, there aren't a lot of lawyers or priest roles coming my way. I've gotta face that was meant for a mug shot and that's what I've been doing for the past thirty years. If I play a cop, it's always a racist cop, or a trigger-happy cop or a crooked cop - but by and large I play cowboys, bikers, and convicts."
Week number #42 November 04, 2019 - November 10, 2019 Gavin Schmidt
- "If the models are as flawed as critics say you have to ask yourself, 'How come they work?'"
- "While the ranking of individual years can be affected by chaotic weather patterns, the long-term trends are attributable to drivers of climate change that right now are dominated by human emissions of greenhouse gases..."
- "It is expected that there will be discrepancies between models and observations. However, why these arise and what one should conclude from them are interesting and more subtle than most people realize. Indeed, such discrepancies are the classic way we learn something new."
Week number #41 October 28, 2019 - November 03, 2019 E. L. Doctorow
- "The historian will tell you what happened. The novelist will tell you what it felt like."
- "We are able to walk on air, but only as long as our illusion supports us."
- "Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
Week number #40 October 21, 2019 - October 27, 2019 Louise Fresco
- "Food is as important as energy, as security, as the environment. Everything is linked together."
- "Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It's about honesty. It's about identity."
- "There is no technical reason why we could not feed a world of nine billion people. Hunger is a matter of buying power, not of shortages."
Week number #39 October 14, 2019 - October 20, 2019 Stan Goff
- "War technology is science in the service of obscene anatomical vandalism."
- "Democrat flaks jump on this like ducks on a June-bug, and in the process themselves reproduce the sick militarism of this culture that automatically valorizes anyone who wears a uniform. How dare you insult a soldier! Like its some sacred calling instead of an imperial employment program steeped in the culture of machismo and misogyny.(And you can gasp as theatrically as you want I spent more than two decades wearing a uniform that is exactly what it is.)"
Week number #38 October 07, 2019 - October 13, 2019 Jonathan Clements
- "Most investors are pretty smart. Yet most investors also remain heavily invested in actively managed stock funds. This is puzzling. The temptation, of course, is to dismiss these folks as ignorant fools. But I suspect these folks know the odds are stacked against them, and yet they are more than happy to take their chances."
- "Why are people who are appalled at insider trading so quick to trade on inside information when it comes their way?"
- "It's one of the ironies of investing. The rich can afford to take risks, but they don't need to. The poor need to take risks, but they often can't afford to."
Week number #37 September 30, 2019 - October 06, 2019 Matthew Gray Gubler
- "Take criticism, smash it into dust. Add color and use it to paint breathtaking images of unicorns frolicking through endless fields of greatness."
- "I think it's perfectly acceptable and rather admirable to be moderately delusional"
- "If you're lucky enough to find a weird - never let them go."
Week number #36 September 23, 2019 - September 29, 2019 Marguerite Young
- "If you understand hallucination and illusion, you don't blindly follow any leader. You must know if the person is sane or insane, over the abyss."
- "I believe that all my work explores the human desire or obsession for utopias, and the structure of all my works is the search for utopias lost and rediscovered."
- "Every heart is the other heart. Every soul is the other soul. Every face is the other face. The individual is the one illusion."
Week number #35 September 16, 2019 - September 22, 2019 Barbara Cooper
- "Everyone who lives long enough to love deeply will experience great losses. Don't let fear of loss, or the losses themselves, take away your ability to enjoy the wonderful life that is yours."
- "When your life is nearly over, you will regret it if you look back and recall too many nights when you made excuses instead of making love."
- "The things I can't do are the things I have yet to learn."
Week number #34 September 09, 2019 - September 15, 2019 Gerd von Rundstedt
- "Make peace, you fools!"
- "Nothing would have been changed for the German people, but my name would have gone down in history as that of the greatest traitor."
- "Another adverse factor was the way the Russians received continual reinforcements from their back areas, as they fell back. It seemed to us that as soon as one force was wiped out, the path was blocked by the arrival of a fresh force."