- Author Of The Day
10 Author Of The Day - Daily Famous People Quotes
January 22, 2020 - Akira Toriyama
- "I was an avid anime watcher until I was about 10, when I moved to manga. I think I am influenced by Osamu Tezuka's and Walt Disney's works which I watched during that time, such as Tetsuwan Atom and 101 Dalmatians."
- "But there's people I care about! And this time around, I’m not gonna just stand by and let them all get hurt!"
- "Drunken Master (the first one). If I hadn't seen this movie, I would never have come up with Dragonball."
January 21, 2020 - Henry Fairlie
- "The desire to build a risk-free society has always been a sign of decadence. It has meant that the nation has given up, that it no longer believes in its destiny, that it has ceased to aspire to greatness, and has retired from history to pet itself."
- "Love wants to enjoy in other ways the human being whom it has enjoyed in bed; it looks forward to having breakfast."
- "The foundation of humility is truth. The humble man sees himself as he is. If his depreciation of himself were untrue,... it wouldnot be praiseworthy, and would be a form of hypocrisy, which is one of the evils of Pride. The man who is falsely humble, we know from our own experience, is one who is falsely proud."
January 20, 2020 - Bruce Coslet
- "Everyone is needed, but no one is necessary."
- "The era of the rugged individual is giving way to the era of the team player."
- "I don't know what he has. A pulled groin. A hip flexor. I don't know. A pulled something. I never pulled anything. You can't pull fat."
January 19, 2020 - Lee Whitnum
- "The Jewish community has always taken care of its own."
- "Zionists believe they are entitled by God to the land, groves and homes of the non-Jewish underclass. They quote the Bible as the reference that 'God gave them the land.' The size of the alleged God-given land has never been determined and Israel's borders still remain fuzzy."
- "I'm appalled that when I talk about the neo-conservatives it's somehow twisted, some sort of a racist comment."
January 18, 2020 - Josh Becker
- "Minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of anything that distracts us from it."
- "Any enterprise of your own is a great enterprise."
- "If you must masturbate, you have already failed"
January 17, 2020 - Charles Hendry
- "We have pledged to be the greenest government ever. We must lead by example...We are not asking others to do things we will not do ourselves."
- "Embracing a low carbon economy will be as momentous as the previous industrial revolutions. As the shift from coal to oil did. And the shift from gas light to electric light. It has the potential to give us the competitive edge in the new global economy. The scale of the challenge is extraordinary. We will need to reinvent in the way we live our lives, the way our world works"
- "Developing low carbon sources of energy supply will enhance our energy security"
January 16, 2020 - Mike Keneally
- "Three of tonights performers are members of the group Return To One, whose album Hopes and Dreams I heard for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Blown away by the album, I called Nathan Hubbard, the drummer and composer for the group, and with whom I've played on a couple of Trummerflora-related occasions, and asked him to round up several of his Return To One cohorts for tonight's show. I can't recommend their album highly enough; please pick up a copy."
January 15, 2020 - Oliver Hudson
- "Father or stepfather - those are just titles to me. They don't mean anything."
- "You need to feel as good as you can before you start a workout. So what you wear to the gym is important."
- "Blood relatives often have nothing to do with family, and similarly, family is about who you choose to make your life with."
January 14, 2020 - Garth Snow
- "He should be worried about playing the game, not innovating it. He thinks he's Brett Hull or something. You should remind him that he didn't go to college. He's a junior (hockey) guy. So he's not that bright."
January 13, 2020 - Erin Karpluk
- "If Im healthy, that comes across on camera."