- Author Of The Day
10 Author Of The Day - Daily Famous People Quotes
November 18, 2019 - Wild Bill Hickok
- "Can you let me go to hell the way I want to?"
- "My dearly beloved if I am to die today and never see the sweet face of you I want you to know that I am no great man and am lucky to have such a woman as you."
- "Agnes Darling, if such should be we never meet again, while firing my last shot, I will gently breathe the name of my wife - Agnes - and with wishes even for my enemies I will make the plunge and try to swim to the other shore."
November 17, 2019 - Woody Paige
- "Dear Algebra, stop asking us to find your X, she’s not coming back"
- "Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues."
- "My workout philosophy is; no pain, no pain"
November 16, 2019 - Kim Hee-jin
- "Enlightenment after all is to overcome delusion, by way of sensitizing practitioners to complexities and problems of the human situation."
- "Enlightenment is construed as seeing things as they really are rather than as they appear; it is a direct insight into, and discernment of, the nature of reality that is apprehended only by wisdom, which transcends and is prior to the activity of discriminative thought. In this view, delusion is defined as all that is opposed to enlightenment."
- "Paradoxically, the more deeply one grows in enlightenment, the more clearly one discerns one's own frailties and limitations."
November 15, 2019 - Marina Sirtis
- "I wasnt a Star Trek fan, yet I knew who all the characters were. that goes to show what an impact the show had not just in entertainment but in life. I knew who Chekhov was and I knew who Kirk and Spock were, although I probably had never seen the show."
- "I was originally cast to be the brains of the Enterprise. Somehow I became The Chick. There's a little ugly girl inside of me going 'Yay! I'm a sex symbol!'"
- "The thing about 'Star Trek' is that it is not judgmental. You can do what ever you want, within reason."
November 14, 2019 - Peter Levi
- "Sings. Hope in every sphere of life is a privilege that attaches to action. No action, no hope."
- "Whoever you are, you've got to start from where you are. If you're a sailor, and only know sailor's language, well, write in it, for God's sake."
- "What I liked about Greece was [...] the impressive force of the language itself, unconfined by dictionaries, spoken in the streets, in cafés and in the country."
November 13, 2019 - Penny Lancaster
- "If I had a partner who asked when I was going to the gym or commented that I was eating too much or asked if I really needed an extra potato, that would make me feel awful. It would be terrible."
- "As long as you try your best, that is all that matters. You don't have to be the fastest runner or top of the class."
- "There's less pressure to look good as you get older."
November 12, 2019 - Cherie Blair
- "As long as young people feel they have got no hope but to blow themselves up you are never going to make progress."
- "My immediate instinct when faced with the questions from The Mail on Sunday ten days ago was to protect my family's privacy and particularly my son in his first term at university, living away from home."
- "If every child matters, every child has the right to a good start in life. If every child matters, every child has the right to be included. And that is so important for children with special needs."
November 11, 2019 - Yagyu Munenori
- "Conquering evil, not the opponent, is the essence of swordsmanship."
- "When you strike a blow, do not let your mind dally on it, not concerning yourself with whether or not it is a telling blow; you should strike again and again, over and over, even four or five times. The thing is not to let your opponent even raise his head."
- "Once a fight has started, if you get involved in thinking about what to do, you will be cut down by your opponent with the very next blow."
November 10, 2019 - Anthony Zinni
- "I think that before you take on nation building in your mind's eye as to how it should be, you'd better have a clear understanding if this is doable and will work."
- "Service rivalry leads to service pride, which is good for building morale and esprit."
- "In the lead-up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw, at a minimum, true dereliction, negligence, and irresponsibility; at worst, lying, incompetence, and corruption."
November 09, 2019 - Karl Philipp Moritz
- "I now resolved to go to bed early, with a firm purpose of also rising early the next day to revisit this charming walk; for I thought to myself, I have now seen this temple of the modern world imperfectly; I have seen it only by moonlight."
- "A pedestrian seems in this country to be a sort of beast of passage - stared at, pitied, suspected and shunned by everyone who meets him ... Every passing coachman called out to me: "Do you want to ride on the outside?" If I met only a farm worker on a horse he would say to me companionably "Warm walking sir," and when I passed through a village the old women in their bewilderment would let out a "God Almighty!"
- "The short English miles are delightful for walking. You are always pleased to find, every now and then, in how short a time you have walked a mile, though, no doubt, a mile is everywhere a mile, I walk but a moderate pace, and can accomplish four English miles in an hour."